You must first set up your Western Identity. You will use this secure login - user ID and password - to access your AQ course in OWL and other secured Western University sites.
*Please Note: Your Western Identity login is different from the login used to access your registration profile in the Western Professional Education AQ Student Portal (wpe.uwo.ca). This Western student number, user ID and password are your official Western University Identification. The registration username (your email address) and password are only used to access the AQ student portal.
- Your Western Identity is your UWO secure User ID and Password.
- Required for login to your AQ course in OWL, Western's Learning Management platform
- Your key to accessing central services at Western (tax receipts, grades, statement of account, updates to personal information including name, address, phone/email)
- If you are a previous Western Student or have taken an AQ with Western before, and already have a student login and password you are not required to set up your Identity again. Please see steps below if you have forgotten your login information.
ACTIVATING YOUR WESTERN IDENTITY
Follow the steps below to retrieve your Western Student number and Access code required to activate your Western Identity.
- To find your Western Student Number, log into the Western Professional Education AQ Student Portal at https://wpe.uwo.ca and retrieve your nine-digit Western student number. The nine (9) digit student number begins with a "2" [the number beginning with an "X" is not your Western identifier]. Your Western student number can be found under the My Profile tab> Associations> Western Student Number.
- Obtain your access code by entering your OCT#, your Western Student number and your birthdate, here: https://studentservices.uwo.ca/secure/PIN/GetPinInfoOCT.cfm
- Enter your Western student number and access code in the Western Identity Manager and click Submit. Western Identity Manager
- Click 'Accept' to the Acceptable Use Agreement.
- A User ID based on your name will be assigned, and you will be given a one-time password. Take note of the one-time password, and click LOGIN.
- Enter the one-time password and change it to a password of your choice. Set your security questions. *The one-time password does NOT allow access to your course. It must be changed.
- NEW students to Western - the login will activate within 48 hours. RETURNING students can use their existing Western login ID and password. If you are a returning student resetting your Western Identity, the new login will activate within 1-3 hours. Once activated, you can log into OWL for your course: http://owl.uwo.ca, and access other secured Western University sites.
- Video tutorial on account activation
- Questions – go to http://itshelp.uwo.ca or call I.T. HelpDesk at 519.661.3800
FINDING YOUR ONLINE COURSE
Our courses are offered in a 3-module format or a 4-module format. Following is an overview on navigating through both formats.
Four Module Course
Go to http://owl.uwo.ca and log in with your Western Identity user ID and password. Once logged in, you will be on the OWL landing page below.
Your course will activate online on its start date, at which time it will appear across the top with the course code. You can also go to your course by clicking on More Sites.
When you click on your course tab, or find your course under More Sites, you will see a variety of tabs on the left hand side. Please access each of these tabs to view information for your course.
Ensure to access your course syllabus within the Course Information tab to access important information including Western’s policies (i.e. medical and plagiarism), evaluation and rubrics, assignment and discussion expectations, etc.